RYDAL MOUNT - List Entry

Related Pages


Rydal Mount


Rydal

  • Description

    "C16, C17 and C18. The home of William Wordsworth from 1813 until he died in 1850, now open to the public. 3 storeys. Colour-washed stone rubble, slate roof with round chimneys, gabled porch, new windows. Lower wings are 2 storeys. East block late C16. West wing C17. A cross-wing added circa 1700 at north end of original block. A mid-cl8 block between the original house and the west wing....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1271835
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 198 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES