CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT - Dufton - List Entry

  • Description

    "...A medieval church rebuilt in 1784 to an architectural style loosely `Gothick' in form with stained glass by Faucet of Appleby, restored internally in 1853 and repaired in 1946..... It is a good example of a late C18th church that retains elements of its original medieval fabric ...The church is a prominent feature within the local landscape, its setting enhanced by its slightly elevated position and dramatic backdrop of towering fells...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1393131
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 49 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES