Description"The new church was built by the generosity of Anthony Parkin Esq. of Sharrow Bay and W H Parkin Esq. of Ravencragg on an acre of land (part of the common) at the top of "The Hause". Started in 1880 it is of the Early English style of architecture and has nave and chancel, with vestry, bell turret and south western porch. The builder was Mr Edward Peel of Patterdale, who used the durable stone of the adjoining fells." Photo by George Ford, 1998.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/32733
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
Viewed: 69 times
Picture Taken: 1998-07-15