CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY - Brathay

  • Description

    "Church. 1836. For Giles Redmayne. Stucco with stone dressings, slate roof. 6-bay nave with short chancel and south-west tower (ritual west is actual south). Pilaster buttresses and corbelled frieze; coped gables to nave. Tower has set back buttresses and string courses; weathering over 2nd stage......East bay of nave has traceried timber screen and stalls, open to centre. Chancel arch has roll moulding and columns with scalloped capitals. Traceried panelling and reredos. Octagonal font with inscription, on squat round shaft. Some good C19 stained glass to north and south and some decorative panels to west...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335768
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 79 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES