Description"The original building was built as the Village School in 1879 and officially opened in March, 1880. It remained a centre of learning until 1974 when, due to overcrowding, it was replaced by a new school built on ground to the south, commissioned by the Northumberland Education Authority. The old school was taken over as a Village Hall by the Playing Field Committee in 1974. About four years later, the first enlargement of the Hall took place. An extension was built by opening the Hall southward between the east and west wings. In 1999, with a grant from the National Lottery for £230,000, the Hall was further refurbished and extended. http://www.stamfordhamvillagehall.co.uk/hist.htm" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2783010
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
Viewed: 118 times
Picture Taken: 2012-01-28