Description"Built c 1836, probably by John Wardle, for Richard Grainger. More Italiante than some of Grainger's buildings, with its balustrade, bracketed cornice, windows with heavy sills, and a central pedimented window with its own little blind balustrade. It was clearly intended to the be eastern wing of the row of buildings on the north side of Nelson Street: there is an identical western one at []. The ground floor is now The Café Royal http://caferoyalnewcastle.co.uk/ , but the Eldon Centre has reduced most of the building to a facade only. The building is Grade II listed http://list.historicengland.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1024810 . The Buildings of Grainger Town - No.48. See []." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2013.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4417834
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year ago
Viewed: 101 times
Picture Taken: 2013-05-02