Redcar Beacon


Redcar Beacon was built as part of the regeneration of the Redcar seafront and was opened to the public on the 28th March 2013. The Beacon is 80ft high and has seven floors with cafes and viewing platforms. It has 132 steps (and a lift!). Initially the Beacon was described as a 'vertical pier' (Redcar's old Victorian pier having being destroyed in 1981). 

from Flickr (flickr)
Redcar Beacon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Redcar Beacon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Vertical Pier under construction at Redcar

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Redcar Beacon almost complete

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The now completed Redcar Beacon seen from the east

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
New sea defences Redcar

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
  Co-Curate Page
Redcar Pier (1873 - 1981)
- Redcar Pier was opened by Rear-Admiral Chaloner on the 2nd of June 1873. There was a large public procession and The Redcar Coatham Band played on the pier. A pavilion ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES