Rake Lane Drift Mine
Rake Lane Drift Mine was located in the 'Murton Gap'. The mine, run by the National Coal Board, opened on the 1st of January 1953. In 1957 there were 119 people emplyed at the mine (108 working below ground, 11 working on the surface). It operated for 5 years and closed on the 31st of May 1958.