Topics > Northumberland > Catton > Old Church of St Paul, Chatton

Old Church of St Paul, Chatton


The former St Paul's Church in Catton is now a private dwelling.

"The Mission Church of St. Paul, at Catton, erected in 1901 is a building of stone in the Early English style, from designs by Messers. Hicks and Charlewood, architects of Newcastle, and has a turret containing one bell. The church affords 120 sittings. The Sunday School and parish vestry, erected in 1879, adjoin the churchyard."

Kelly's Directory of Northumberland, 1914
Catton Former Church 1901
from Geograph (geograph)
The Former St Paul's Church, Catton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Allen Valleys Local History (flickr)
Catton [0028-001]

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES