Topics > Tees Valley > Normanby > Manor House

Manor House


Normanby House on Braidwood Road in Normanby was built c.1716 for Reverend William Consett and Elizabeth Pennyman.[1] In more recent times it has been extended and used as offices and currently a doctor's surgery: Manor House Surgery. The Manor House is a Grade II* listed building.

Normanby Grade II* Listed 1716 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Redcar and Cleveland
from Flickr (flickr)
Normanby House / Manor House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Normanby House / Manor House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
MANOR HOUSE - Normanby - List Entry
- "Manor house, c.1716; now offices. Hammer-dressed sandstone with chamfered quoin strips at angles. Renewed clay pantile roofs. 2 storeys and attic, 5 bays to ground and first floors, 3-bay ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.hidden-teesside....
Normanby House / Manor House
- "Normanby House was built around 1716 for Reverend William Consett and Elizabeth Pennyman.....This was the eastern part of the estate of Sir William Pennyman, 4th Baronet which was split ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1310999
List grade: 2*
Grid ref: NZ5447518295
District: Tees Valley
Post code: TS6 0HA

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES