Little Swinburne with Whiteside-Law (Township), 1848
SWINBURN, LITTLE, with Whiteside-Law, a township, in the parish of Chollerton, union of Hexham, N.E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 9½ miles (N. by E.) from Hexham; containing 57 inhabitants. It is situated north-east of the Watling-street, which separates it from the preceding township; and is about a mile and a half from Swinburn Castle. The great tithes of Little Swinburn have been commuted for £58, and the small for £22.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.