Kearsley is a farmstead in Northumberland, loacted about 2½ miles north of Matfen and ½ mile north-west of Ingoe. The medieval village of Kearsley, near here, was first recorded in 1245, but had shrunk in size considerably by the 16th century. In the 19th century Kearsley and the surrounding area were a township in the ancient parish of Stamfordham. Today, Kearsley forms part of Matfen Civil Parish.
KEARSLEY, a township, in the parish of Stamfordham, union of Castle ward, N.E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 10¾ miles (N.E.) from Hexham; containing 11 inhabitants. It is in a retired part of the parish, at its north-western extremity, between Ryall and Ingoe, and comprises 505a. 2r. 18p. of land. The tithes have been commuted for £13. 13.