Topics > Northumberland > Houghton > Houghton South Farmhouse

Houghton South Farmhouse


The farmhouse at South Farm at Houghton in Northumberland was built in 1826. The farm was part of the Close House Estate. Then in 1953, when the estate was broken up and sold, Houghton South Farm was bought by William Leach, a builder. The farmhouse is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Houghton 1826 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Heddon-on-the-Wall CP
from Geograph (geograph)
South Houghton Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
SOUTH HOUGHTON FARMHOUSE - Houghton, Northumberland - List Entry
- "Farmhouse. Dated 1826. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays. 6-panel door in raised alternating-block surround with open pediment on curved stone brackets. 16-pane sashes in plain reveals ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1042768
List grade: 2
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NZ1258866737

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES