Hedley Woodside Township, 1848
HEDLEY-WOODSIDE, a township, in the parish of Ovingham, union of Hexham, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 4 miles (S.) from Ovingham; containing 73 inhabitants. It extends from the river Derwent, near Ebchester, along the banks of a stream, to within four miles of Ovingham, and is on the borders of Durham. The tithes have been commuted for £105.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.