Topics > Northumberland > New Hartley > Hartley Station (1851 - 1964)

Hartley Station (1851 - 1964)


Hartley Station was located at the east end of New Hartley and to the north side of the level crossing on St Michael’s Avenue. The station was opened in 1851 by the Blyth & Tyne Railway. The station, also known as Hartley Junction, had platforms on the Seghill line, and also a platform on the Avenue Branch line. The station closed on the 2nd of November 1964 and was later demolished.[1]

New Hartley Blyth and Tyne Railway Former Railway Stations
from http://disused-stations.org...
Hartley Station
- Detailed information about the station.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Blyth and Tyne Railway
  Co-Curate Page
Blyth and Tyne Railway
- Overview About the Blyth & Tyne Railway The Blyth & Tyne Railway was formed in 1853 to amalgamate several private railways and waggonways that had developed to carry coal from ...
from Geograph (geograph)
Level crossing, New Hartley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Railway heading north, New Hartley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Avenue Branch Line

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



Keys to the Past HER: N12016
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NZ31277684

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES