Topics > Cumbria > Faugh > Faugh with Fenton Township, 1848

Faugh with Fenton Township, 1848


FAUGH, with Fenton, a township, in the parish of Hayton, union of Brampton, Eskdale ward, E. division of Cumberland, 8½ miles (E. by S.) from Carlisle; containing 339 inhabitants, of whom 136 are in Faugh. The Newcastle and Carlisle railway passes at a short distance south-eastward of the village of Fenton.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Faugh Fenton
Fenton
  Co-Curate Page
Fenton

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES