Churchill Playing Fields
Churchill Playing Fields in Monkseaton includes an athletics track and pavilion (home of North Shields Polytechnic Club), grass pitches, tennis courts, and a children's play area. There is also access from the park to the Waggonway which runs north to near Seaton Delaval Hall. Churchill Playing Fields was built on the site of East Farm, which was the last working farm in Monkseaton. The Duke of Northumberland sold the farm land to Whitley Bay Council in 1958.