Carham Parish War Memorial


The war memorial for the Parish of Carham in Northumberland is located by a road junction near East Learham. The memorial was erected by public subscription and unveiled on the 19th of September 1920 by Earl Grey. The plain form of the monument was considered by Eearl Grey to reflect the Border character. The memorial is Grade II listed.

from Geograph (geograph)
Carham Parish War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CARHAM WAR MEMORIAL - East Learmouth - List Entry
- "First World War Memorial with Second World War additions. Constructed of granite and red sandstone with bronze decoration. The memorial takes the form of a 4m tall Latin cross with ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.warmemorialsonl...
PARISH OF CARHAM
- "Road junction north of East Learmouth...."

Added by
Simon Cotterill
  Co-Curate Page
Carham Civil Parish
- The parish incorporates Carham, East Learmouth, Hagg, Howburn, Pressen Hill, Shidlaw, Sunilaws, Tithehill, Wark-on-Tweed, West Learmouth. There are also the hamlets of Mindrum, Mindrummill, Mindrum Station, and Downham.
from Geograph (geograph)
Carham Parish War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
War Memorial-Carham

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
War Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES