Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > North Shields > Brightman Road

Brightman Road

Brightman Road in North Shields runs north from Albion Road to Lansdowne Terrace. The road is named after Chevalier Henry Anson Brightman who lived at North Shields from 1847 until he died in 1902. Brightman heped to form the Tyne Commission and established a Custom House at North Shields. His house, called The Moorings, is located on the street. Spring Gardens Primary School is located on the west side of the street.
North Shields Spring Gardens Primary School, North Shields The Moorings, No.16, Brightman Road, North Shields
Chevalier Brightman (d.1902)
- Portrait of Chevalier Brightman (d.1902), painted by Frank Stanley Ogilvie (1858–1937). Image from North Tyneside Council, c/o Art UK. This image can be used for non-commercial research or private study …

Added by
Simon Cotterill


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.