List number: 1145758
List grade: 2
Grid ref: SD6117278619

Market Cross, Kirby Lonsdale


The Market Cross in Kirby Lonsdale was built in 1905. The octagonal stone structure was built in a Tudor-Gothic syle. It was presented to the town by the Rev. J.W. Davies, who was Vicar of Kirkby Lonsdale from 1889 to 1908.[1] The Market Cross is Grade II listed.

from Flickr (flickr)
Kirkby Lonsdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
DSCN0497 Kirkby Lonsdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Market Cross, Kirkby Lonsdale.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Market cross, Kirkby Lonsdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
MARKET CROSS - Kirby Lonsdale - List Entry
- "1905. Tudor Gothic. Octagonal stone canopy with low pyramidal slate roof. Eight equal arches with leaf enrichment in spandrels, four blocked with low parapets. Each pier buttressed with two setbacks ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES